Regardless of the current size of your business, it's best to plan and prepare so that you’re ready for the future. When it comes to growing a small business, taking action early on will pay off in the long run. Here are a few tips on how to make your business successful in 2020 and beyond.
Know Your Customers
Your customers expect more than a friendly face and quick service (though both are still highly important). With more businesses using tech to enhance customer service, your customers expect the same from you. A few simple changes can help put your customer service into high gear.
- Instant Invoicing. Customers expect instant and accurate invoices. Integrated billing and invoicing software will make it easy to get your customers what they need and often make record keeping much simpler.
- Easy Payments. Credit or debit cards are preferred payment method for most. For businesses with a brick and mortar location, it’s easy to be set up to take all forms of payment. If your business is on the move, you’ll need to invest in some tech that makes taking cards easy. Smartphone attachments and mobile card readers are a good option.
- Online Appointment Booking/Ordering. Picking up the phone and calling a business doesn’t always fit into your customers’ lifestyle. There are plenty of programs designed for adding online appointment scheduling. Most will connect to the calendar you’re already using. Do a little research and find the one that works best for your product.
Attend Industry Tradeshows
It’s important to start thinking about what tradeshows you want to attend early in the year. This way, you can get them on your calendar and start planning in advance. If you’ve been in the industry a while, you probably have an idea of what shows are worth your while, but if you’re a bit newer, look around the popular trade publications, websites, and even Facebook.
There is always so much to do and see at tradeshows, from equipment demos to informative seminars. That’s why it’s so important to make the most of every show you attend so, you can gain insight on industry trends, news, and updates. Check out this Tradeshow Guide for tips on how to make the most out of a tradeshow.
Build Your Online Presence
When a customer Googles your business, you want more to come up than just your website. Social media accounts and digital advertising can help boost your business’ web presence and help customers get a better idea of what you do. Create professional social media accounts and look into pay per click advertising, like Google Ads, to boost your business to the top of your customers’ search. You’ll also want to monitor your online reviews and encourage your customers to leave positive ones.
Expand Your Business with New Equipment
A big part of your business’ success is having quality equipment that gets the job done efficiently. With equipment financing, it will be easy to afford the equipment your business needs to grow in 2020. Acquiring equipment through financing breaks down the cost into affordable monthly payments, making it easier to get exactly what you need. With a Lease-To-Own payment plan, you can own the equipment for the long haul, here’s how.
Check out a few of the benefits of financing equipment:
- Avoid budget restrictions
- Conserve bank lines
- Section 179 Tax Advantages
- Establish credit
Find What Works For You
Now that you know a few simple steps that can make your business successful in 2020, you’re probably wondering how to get started. The first step is to a start implementing different things to discover what works best for you and your business. Get started today!